Book a Group Trip
Thank you for your interest in bringing your class to Terra Studios!
Field trips must be scheduled and confirmed in advance to be sure we have enough staff on hand for your group. Tour fees are $20 for up to 20 people with an additional $1/person for groups over 20. If you would like a guided tour or a talk about Terra, art, glass, pottery, or native plants, please let us know — these may be available by special arrangements. Please call to contact us about scheduling your field trip. We look forward to your visit!or fill out the form below
To help preserve this unique offering and to keep Terra free, please review the information below with your students.
- One chaperone to supervise every 8 students at all times. (We recommend one chaperone for every 3-5 elementary students and one per 8 older students).
- It is very important that your chaperones keep eye-contact with the group they are supervising, at all times.
- All art installations are fragile. Please explain the importance of respect for the art as the creative work of the artist to your students.
- Please respect the plants and flowers. Admire them and leave them for everyone to enjoy.
- Our Trash Trolls have voracious appetites. Please feed them all your trash and any other trash you may find on the grounds.
- The ponds are living habitats, and the pools and fountains are maintained with chlorine. For the well-being of the wild-life and for the students’ safety, please ensure they stay out of the water.
- We have picnic grounds for the students, or they may purchase food, snacks, and drinks in the cafe. However, per health department regulations, outside food and beverages may not be brought into the coffee house.
- Please limit the number of students in the gallery/coffee house to one small group at a time.
- Cameras are encouraged. Please never use a flash when photographing the glassblowers. (It really hurts their eyes.)
Thank you for your interest in visiting Terra Studios.
We invite you to spend an hour or spend the day. There’s much to experience at Terra! You may choose to watch glass artists make our world-famous Bluebird of Happiness®, or visit the galleries representing the creative works of over 100 regional artists and craftspeople. See the fantasy clay creations and world-class art in the Sculpture Garden, explore the Mural Garden, stroll along paths through acres of sculpture-studded woodlands, meditate at the heart of our seven-channel labyrinth or relax to the sounds of the many fountains. Enjoy a light lunch and delicious desserts in the unique and amazing coffee house, or picnic on the lovely grounds. And, every Sunday (1-4p.m.) there’s live music in the coffee house.
Groups may arrange for private art classes and pottery or other art demonstrations.
Please let us know in advance if your group will be enjoying lunch with us. We offer a brown bag special (available for groups of 6 or more at $10.50 +tax) that includes a sandwich, bag of chips, a cookie and a drink. We also have many other savories and desserts, freshly made by local caterers and bakers, in limited quantities.
Groups of ten or more need to pre-order, so we can ensure we have enough on hand. Food orders must be pre-paid and confirmed two weeks before your tour/event. We look forward to your visit!